Huperzine A is one of the alkaloids contained in a plant known as Chinese club moss. Other types of club moss are common in the United States, but true Chinese club moss is very hard to find on the U.S. market. It can be grown in Hawaii, but not in any other part of this country. Huperzine A and huperzine B are two of the chemicals that have been separated from Chinese club moss.
1. Huperzine A is a kind of reversible inhibitor of acetylcholinesterase, it can improve learning
and memory efficiency;
2. For the treatment of myasthenia gravis, the effective rate up to 99%,and have a certain effect on
age-relatedamnesia and senile dementia.
1. For the treatment and improvement of memory dysfunction in elder age, improving memory association function; for the memory deterioration caused by excessive use of the brain, improving work efficiency;
2. For memory function deterioration associated with neurasthenia;
3. For memory deterioration caused by cerebral vascular disorder;
4. For memory improvement of Alzheimer's disease, and it has significant effects on improving and restoring the patient's cognitive ability, memory function and abnormal emotion behaviors;
5. For the treatment of myasthenia gravis;
6. For improvement of disturbance of association, low cognitive function, memory deterioration that associated with schizophrenia;
7. For improvement of memory dysfunction associated with a variety of brain diseases and physical disorders.
While huperzine A will have an effect on its own, stacking it with the right components may yield even better results.
Taking huperzine A in combination with a choline source such as Alpha GPC can increase the amount of acetylcholine in the brain further, enhancing the effect of huperzine A.
Many individuals lack sufficient choline in their diets therefore supplementation can be effective.
A racetam is also a good choice for stacking with huperzine A. Racetams are thought to activate glutamate receptors that are located near acetylcholine receptors. This activity sensitizes the acetylcholine receptors so they are more likely to become activated. Sensitizing the receptors with a racetam and increasing the amount of acetylcholine with huperzine A enhances the nootropic effect of both drugs.
Huperzine A is also often paired with Noopept, a powerful and popular nootropic.
Memory Boosting Huperzine A Stack
10 mg Noopept
100 mg Alpha GPC
As Needed / Cycled
50 mcg Huperzine A
5 mg Vinpocetine
For improving memory in young people, Huperzine A can be taken at 100 mg twice a day. It has been used at 50 to 200 mcg twice a day to treat Alzheimer's disease. We suggest that regular users take a break from the drug every few weeks to avoid physical habituation. For example, after taking huperzine A daily for three weeks, consider cycling off of it for one week before resuming regular use.
Huperzine A does not need to be taken with food. It is quickly absorbed into the body and will begin to enhance memory immediately. It has a very long half-life in the body, and a single dose will provide benefits for over 24 hours. The drug has been shown to be quite capable of passing the blood-brain barrier after oral ingestion and quickly accumulates in the cerebrospinal fluid.
If you stick to the recommended dosage, Huperzine A is considered to be very safe with low risk of side effects. Some mild bad reactions have occurred resulting in side effects such as nausea, vomiting, appetite suppression, restlessness, headaches, high blood pressure and increased sweating.